Audio-Technica BP4027 Shotgun MicAUDBP4027
Based on models originally developed for use in the broadcast of the Sydney Games in 2000, the BP4027 (14.96" long) and BP4029 (9.29" long) Stereo Shotgun models are engineered for high-end broadcast and production use.
Both microphones feature independent line-cardioid and figure-of-eight elements configured in an MS (Mid-Side) arrangement with switch-selectable internal matrixing.
These innovative microphones allow sound recordists the choice of selecting a left-right stereo output (wide or narrow) via the microphone’s internal matrixing system or choosing discrete Mid-Side signals for later manipulation, a flexibility not available from any other manufacturer.
A switchable low frequency roll-off filter helps minimise the pickup of unwanted low frequency noise. These phantom-powered models feature a rugged lightweight design and sleek black colour scheme, perfect for on-camera use.
- Designed for broadcasters, videographers and sound recordists
- Ideal for recording distant sounds, tightened with excellent off-axis noise rejection
- Compact, lightweight design is perfect for camera-mount use
- Independent Line-cardioid and Figure-of-eight condenser elements , configured in MS mode
- Picks up natural ambience without colouration or distortion
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Compact lightweight metal microphone (only 142g) adapted for use on camera
- Switch selection of non-matrixed M-S mode and two internally-matrixed left/right stereo modes
- Two stereo modes: wide angle (LR-W) or narrow angle (LR-N)
- Low-cut filter 80 Hz with 12 dB / octave
- Operates on Phantom power
- Includes a 0.61 m (24") Y-shaped cable (5-pin XLRF to two standard 3-pin XLRM connectors)
|Element||Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser|
|Polar Pattern||Line-cardioid, Figure-of-eight|
|Frequency Response||30-20,000 Hz|
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||Mid: -30 dB (31.6 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa;
Side: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa;
LR Stereo: -36 dB (15.8 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
|Maximum Input Sound Level||Mid: 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
Side: 127 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
LR Stereo: 126 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
|Low Frequency Roll Off||80 Hz, 12 dB/octave|
|Switches||M-S, LR Stereo-Wide (LR-W), LR Stereo-Narrow (LR-N);
|Dynamic Range||Mid: 101 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL;
Side: 101 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL;
LR Stereo: 102 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||Mid: 72 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1 Pa;
Side: 68 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1 Pa;
LR Stereo: 70 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
|Phantom Power Requirements||11-52V DC, 4 mA typical at 48V, each channel|
|Weight||142 g (5.0 oz)|
|Dimensions||380.0 mm (14.96") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") diameter|
|Output Connector||Integral XLR5M-type|
|Cable||Dual 0.61 m (24") shielded two-conductor, terminated in two XLR3M-type connectors|
|Accessories Included||AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; AT8135 foam windscreen; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; protective carrying case|