Audio-Technica AT8015 Shotgun MicAUDAT8015
Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition, the AT8015 provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup, along with excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic.
The roll-off position reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations.
Generally, the tube interference of this type of microphone can be extended to reduce the acceptance angle and thus increase the sound capture distance.
Shorter condenser microphones do not have as long-a range as long as the shotgun models, but are favoured for their greater acceptance angle in some cases, when the accuracy of the source is less important.
- Long 460mm shotgun microphone, designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Captures sound with high intelligibility in noisy environments due to excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Operates on battery or phantom power for increased versatility
- Switchable 80Hz low frequency rolloff, with a slope of 18dB / octave to reduce pickup of low-frequency ambient noise
- Effective protection against interference related to nearby mobile phones and other unwanted radio frequency
- Comes with a windscreen, a 1.5V AA battery, a stand clamp and a carry case
|Element||Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser|
|Polar Pattern||Line + gradient|
|Frequency Response||40-20,000 Hz|
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||Phantom: -38 dB (12.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa|
|Impedance||Phantom: 250 ohms Battery: 300 ohms|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||Phantom: 132 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 120 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.|
|Low Frequency Roll Off||80 Hz, 18 dB/octave|
|Dynamic Range||Phantom: 110 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|Phantom Power Requirements||11-52V DC, 2 mA typical|
|Battery Type||1.5V AA/UM3|
|Battery Current/Life||0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)|
|Weight||195 g (6.9 oz)|
|Dimensions||460.0 mm (18.11") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") diameter|
|Output Connector||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|Accessories Included||AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; AT8135 windscreen; battery; protective carrying case|