Appsys Multiverter MVR-64APP-MVR-64
Introducing the brand new multiverter MVR-64, the swiss-army-knife for all your digital audio needs.
This unique piece of hardware is able to convert 64 x 64 audio channels between an impressive selection of digital formats - any to any, all at once.
Multi-format digital audio bridge & converter
- 64 in, 64 out digital audio format converter and splitter
- Split and convert between different audio formats in a simple and concise 1U rack box.
- With support for ADAT, MADI, AES50, Dante/AES67 and more.
- Intuitive user interface and routing matrix
- Headphone output for individual channel monitoring
- Store and Recall up to 12 presets
Supported Audio Interfaces
- ADAT (8x), SPDIF optical*
- MADI optical
- MADI coaxial
- and many more via breakout boxes (currently planned: AES3, AVB)
- Supports 32, 44.1, 48... up to 192* kHz operation
- Wordclock input and output (BNC)
- Clock master can be any incoming audio signal, or BNC, or a high-quality internal clock
- MADI 96k Frame and S/MUX operation supported
Remote Control Interfaces
- MIDI over MADI*
- RS485 (Yamaha Headamp Remote compatible)*
- AES50 Aux Data Channel (Behringer S16 compatible)*
- Network socket*
- Preset store/recall (12 different setups)
- Headphone amplifier to monitor any incoming signal
- Test tone generator simplifies troubleshooting of complex setups
- Triple-redundant power supply (2x 90-240VAC, 1x 9-18VDC)
- Can be powered alone from industry standard 4-pin XLR plug battery packs
* Some features will not be available from the release date. Appsys will however be providing firmware updates on a regular basis.
|Operating temperature||0..+70°C, non-condensing|
|Storage temperature||-40..+85°C, non-condensing|
|Power consumption||8W typ., 30W max.
Each AC input: 85..264VAC, 50-60Hz, 0.75A@115VAC / 0.5A@230VAC
DC input: 9-18VDC (up to 30V tolerant), 2.5A peak
|Channel count||Up to 64 per interface in x1 modes
Up to 32 per interface in x2 modes
Up to 16 per interface in x4 modes
Multiple conversions (i.e. DanteMADI and ADATAES50) with each using the full channel count can run simultaneously.
|Sample rates||32 / 44.1 / 48 / 64 / 88.2 / 96 / 128 / 176.4 / 192 kHz +/-100ppm
Varispeed operation is not supported
|Latency||The table below shows the overall latency (receive+convert+transmit) between the various interfaces in number of samples.
For x1 modes (32/44.1/48kHz), n is 1.
For x2 modes (64/88.2/96kHz), n is 2.
For x4 modes (128/176.4/192kHz), n is 4.
The Dante latency d depends on the setting in the Dante controller which should be chosen according to the network topology, and can range from 150µs to 5ms.
|ADAT ports||8 input+8 output ports,
|PC port||USB 2.0 (FTDI 2232). Remote control and firmware update, no audio connection|
|RS485 port||Male D-Sub 9pin, Yamaha AD8HR compatible
Pinout: 2=RX-, 3=TX-, 4=TX+, 5=GND, 6=RX+
|Extension port||HDMI connector type (not HDMI compatible). 64ch@32/44.1/48kHz, 32ch@64/88.2/96kHz, 16ch@128/176.4/192kHz|
|MADI optical port||SC connector, 50/125 µm or 62.5/125 µm multi-mode fibre (MM fibre), 1300nm, up to 2km total length.
Transceiver can be changed to Single mode (9/125µm) at the factory on request.
|MADI BNC port||Standard AES10 coaxial port. Use with up to 100meters of 75 ohm coaxial cable 64ch@32/44.1/48kHz, 32ch@64/88.2/96kHz, 16ch@128/176.4/192kHz|
|MADI TP port||AES-X 213 (upcoming MADI specification) compatible.
64ch@32/44.1kHz, 56ch@48kHz, 32ch@64/88.2, 28ch@96kHz, 16ch@128/176.4kHz, 14ch@192kHz
Pinout: MADI-TP on 4/5, 7/8
Alternative use: Second AES50 port, Pinout: Data on 4/5, 7/8; Sync on 1/2, 3/6 (adapter cable required)
|AES50 port||AES50 3.1 compatible
firstname.lastname@example.org/48kHz, email@example.com/96kHz Pinout: Data on 1/2, 3/6; Sync on 4/5, 7/8
Alternative use: Second MADI-TP with Pinout: 1/2, 3/6 (adapter cable required)
|Wordclock port||Output: 5.0Vpp nominal, able to drive two parallel 75 Ohm terminations
|Dante/AES67 port||2x Gigabit Ethernet, configurable either as Switch or as Redundant connection in the Dante controller.
Device prefix: MVR64
64ch@32/44.1/48kHz, 32ch@64/88.2/96kHz, 16ch@128/176.4/192kHz
|MIDI port||Standard isolated input, standard MIDI output|
|Headphones||2x125mW into 32Ohm (@0.01% THD+N)
Bandwidth: 22Hz to 22kHz
|ESD protection||all ports: +/- 15kV (Human Body Model)|