Analogue Solutions Leipzig-SLeipzig-S
The Analogue Solutions Leipzig-S is a 100% analogue synth using circuits that date back to the 1970s and 1980s – these give Leipzig a really old sound that is rich and full of character.
The circuits are not stabilized and sanatised by CPUs and the controls or not read by CPUs and quantised.
Leipzig has a huge sound, especially when used for bass (something it excels at!), a fact often commented to us by our customers with great excitement!
Though a master at big bass sounds, Leipzig is exceptionally good at making electronic percussion. Not just the sounds, but also percussive loops by using the on board step sequencer. Patterns can quickly be produced, then either easily sync’ed to your DAW, or sampled in.
As well as bass and percussion, Leipzig will produce leads, effects, modular style and other sounds equally well.
Leipzig is extremely powerful. Don’t be fool by the ‘simple’ looking front panel. The synth has been designed to be easy to use, ideal for beginners, but still have the depth and versatility to enable many years of service.
The on board sequencer is not just for making simple melodies or percussive loops. Think of it also as a modulation source. Each step can be used to drastically change the sounds. This makes it also serve as a simple way of making ‘presets’. Just step to get the next sound. The sequencer can control the pitch of either VCO, and also the filter cut-off.
Sync’ing the sequencer to a MIDI sequencer or DAW couldn’t be easier. It will respond to MIDI Sync, but it is far better and easier to sync to MIDI Note. That way you can clock the sequencer at any tempo, divide the tempo down (relative to your DAW’s tempo), stop it, start it, mute, etc, all from your DAW – something that you cannot do with MIDI Sync.
So Leipzig is ideal for both beginners, and more advanced synthesists and musicians. Use anywhere you want big analogue sounds that have a true vintage sounds. Ideal also if you have the budget for just one analogue synth since this synth covers so many bases (and basses!).
- 100% analogue voice and modulation circuitry.
- Hand built in Great Britain.
- Powerful synth AND drum synth.
- New improved Resonance control.
- Moog style transistor ladder filter.
- 2 VCOs with Glide and Sub-VCOs.
- Osc Sync & Cross-Mod.
- Plenty of modulation routing possibilities.
- We are a big fan of electronic percussion here, so Leipzig-S modulation choices provide for good drum possibilities
- Analogue step sequencer – with plenty of clocking options.
- Audio input so can be used as a sound processor.
- Rugged steel/aluminium construction.
- MIDI In for software sequencer control.
- This synth has no memories – Advantages
Manufacturer: Analogue Solutions